Walk-in service is discontinued until further notice. Payments can be made via mail, phone and online via SmartHub. For electric service or other inquiries, please call 808.246.4300 during normal business hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your understanding as we prioritize safety along with providing reliable service.
As part of KIUC’s COVID-19 relief efforts, Payment Arrangement Plans (PAP) are available to all customers who need help paying off their outstanding balance. Visit our Payment Arrangement Plan page for more information.
1. On May 4, 2020, the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (PUC) issued an order that all PUC-regulated utilities shall suspend disconnections of utility services during the pendancy of the Governor's Emergency Proclamation, and until otherwise ordered by the PUC.
View a summary of PUC Order 37125.
View the full text of the PUC Order 37125.
2. On May 28, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37153, which extended Order 37125 through June 30, 2020.
View a summary of PUC Order 37153.
View the full text of PUC Order 37153: https://puc.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/ORDER-NO.-37153.pdf
3. On June 26, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37189, which extended Order 37125 through July 30, 2020.
View a summary of PUC Order 37189.
View the full text of PUC Order 37189: https://puc.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Order-No.-37189_Non-Docketed_FINALOrderAddressingExtensionofSuspensionofTermination_6-26-2020.pdf
4. On July 31, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37251, which extended order 37125 through August 31, 2020.
View a summary of PUC Order 37251
View the full text of PUC Order 37251: https://puc.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/ORDER-37251.pdf
5. On August 3, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37252, which approved KIUC's request for deferred accounting treatment to establish a regulatory asset associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the full text of PUC Order 37252: https://dms.puc.hawaii.gov/dms/DocumentViewer?pid=A1001001A20H03A83954D00015
6. On August 24, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37284, which extended order 37125 through December 31, 2020. View a Summary of PUC Order 37284.
View the full text of PUC Order 37284: https://puc.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Order-No.-37284_NonDocketed.pdf
7. On December 23, 2020 the PUC issued Order 37506, which extended Order 37125 through March 31, 2021. View a Summary of PUC Order 37506.
View the full text of PUC Order 37506: https://puc.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Docket-No.-2020-0209__FINALOrderAddressingExtensionofSuspensionofDiscxns_12-22-2020_ci.E-FILED.pdf
8. On March 10, 2021, the PUC issued Order 37667, which extended order 37125 through May 31, 2021. View a Summary of PUC Order 37667.
View the full text of PUC Order 37667: https://files.constantcontact.com/fe305c12801/3af79ab7-db0d-4e2c-bd81-0dac8f497a7d.pdf
- Suspension of Customer Disconnects for Non-Payment to Continue | 3.11.2021
- Suspension of Customer Disconnects for Non-Payment Extended | 12.23.2020
- Suspension of Customer Disconnects for Non-Payment to Continue | 8.25.2020
- KIUC Extends Suspension of Customer Disconnects | 07.24.2020
- Suspension of Customer Disconnects Extended | 7.02.2020
- KIUC Adjusts to Meet COVID-19 Challenges | 05.07.2020
- KIUC Extends Suspension of Customer Disconnects | 4.08.2020
- KIUC Temporarily Suspends Customer Disconnects | 03.17.2020
- KIUC Announces Temporary Customer Service Changes | 03.12.2020
- KIUC Prepares for COVID-19 | 03.09.2020
County of Kauai is partnering with Family Life Center and Mālama Pono Health Services to implement a new program that offers emergency rental, mortgage, and utility assistance. For more information and to apply for assistance, please contact these non-profit organizations directly.
- Family Life Center, 212-0850
- Mālama Pono Health Services, 246-9577.
Women In Need, the Kūpa‘a Kaua‘i CARES and County of Kaua‘i’s Housing Agency have a program that offers emergency rental, mortgage, and child care assistance. For more information and to apply for assistance, please contact Women In Need at 245-1996 or via email at email@example.com.
The Coronavirus Rental and Utility Assistance Program is intended to provide financial assistance to eligible households, including the payment of rent, utilities and other expenses related to housing incurred due to COVID-19. More information is available here: https://kauaiforward.com/crua/
OHA is encouraging Native Hawaiians - who are at least 18 years old and in financial hardship - to review program requirements and apply. Program applications will be available starting June 1, 2021, at 8 a.m. No income requirements apply. More information is available here: https://www.oha.org/emergencyaid?fbclid=IwAR14FKnNXw8EDHAEtPYPbd7_TLzJl8Sd9COd00jOvXeK7FS3hRqZqBJcprc