Should you experience an interruption of electrical service, you have the right to file a claim for damage or loss. KIUC will not be liable for any loss caused by accident, storm, fire, strikes, riots, war or any cause not within the Company’s control through the exercise of reasonable diligence and care (Tariff Rule No. 16).
For your claim to be valid, it must be filed with KIUC within 30 days of the service interruption.
- Online (recommended option):
- Phone: (800) 327-3636
- Email: Lossconnect@thehartford.com
- Your name
- Your contact information
- KIUC policy number
- Copies of properly documented receipts for actual or estimated repair and replacement costs
- Date and time of the power outage
- Type of equipment/property that were damaged
- Incident that caused the damage, such as flickering lights, burning smell, loud noise, etc.
The claim and associated documents are sent to KIUC’s insurance carrier and evaluated based on the information you provide and our own investigation. When the investigation is complete, you will receive either a phone call or a letter from KIUC’s insurance carrier explaining our decision.
If you need additional help, contact us during business hours and a representative will assist you.